Wish List

Sunday, May 6, 2012

My sister's cards...

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I wanted to share some of my sister's cards on this blog. It is so much fun to have another family member share my love of papercrafting.  In fact, I believe I was the one who inspired my sister to buy her Cricut and she definitely inspired me to purchase a Gypsy - which I love.  Here's the first handmade card she sent me.



I loved the sheer ribbon that she placed over the matted sentiment panel on the front.  It softened the look of the sentiment and reminded me of  the shimmery wings on the bees.

Here's another fun card she sent me for my last birthday.  Isn't that little metal hanger cute?  She used a square piece of pink vellum for the "wall" behind the hanging towel and outlined it with narrow satin ribbon.  A little brad kept the hanger in place.  I don't know how she was able to adhere that ribbon so straight and neat, with no excess glue showing anywhere!


She even put my initials on the towel. So cute!  I have to say, she must think I'm a lot more stylish than I am.  There's no way I'd be walking around in those high heels!  Not anymore, that is.

Please excuse the poor quality of these photos.  I took them on a cloudy day and much too late in the afternoon. I'm also still learning to use a new camera and I hope to get better as I work with it.

Let me know if you have a family member who shares your love of papercrafting and what that means to you.

And remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

No comments: