Wish List

Monday, June 11, 2012

omg...

Just a quick post today.  One of my sisters and her husband have planted 2,000 asparagus plants. Yup, 2,000! This year was the first year they were able to harvest them, and while they live 8 hours away, her husband brought us a large bag of spears while on a trip with his brother to our city. I was so taken aback. We love asparagus, and to have it this fresh was such a treat. 

Well, I just had to make a card to let them know how much we appreciated that they shared some of their first harvest with us.  This is what I came up with:
It's a super simple card - some glittery black chipboard letters on patterned paper that was matted with black--all items that I happened to have on hand. 

Here's what it says on the inside:

I think it gets my feelings across. I sure hope they like it and realize from this card how much we enjoyed that asparagus.

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

Lorie said...

That is cute and so perfect!

Shanna said...

I want some of that asparagus! I guess a trip out to Auntie Deb and Bill's is in order...... :)

Unknown said...

The checkerboard paper reminds me of a picnic! Perfect choice. Can they overnight some of that asparagus to Oregon? :)