Wish List

Monday, June 25, 2012

Puppy in a wagon...

I've been busy making a few birthday cards for my twin daughters.  They have small children who are invited to numerous birthday parties and said they'd like to have a few to keep on hand.  So...I've set to work to make each of them a few cards, and I'll be sharing them with you as I complete them. 

I actually ordered a birthday card "kit" but it only came with the prescored CS for 20 cards, some birthday themed clear stickers and the labels on which to put them.  Thank goodness the kit only cost $5, as it didn't even include the envelopes! I do like the birthday themed card blanks, though, and have had fun dressing them up a bit.

Here's the first of the cards I have made so far.

I found this little doggy in a wagon image in my Nate's ABCs cartridge.  I decided that any little kid would love this image--especially if I added a few balloons tied to the wagon handle.  You can see the fun birthday-themed card blank and the sticker/label in the upper right of the above photo.  I cut the balloons using a Cuttlebug die, added some black thread as the string and tied all three to the handle.

In the photo at the left, you can see that I applied some Diamond Glaze to each balloon to give it dimension and shine.  A simple "Happy Birthday" stamp on the inside finishes the card.  I plan to make five or six different birthday cards - we'll see how quickly I can get them done - and then also do a couple of adult cards, perhaps some with no sentiments on them so they can be used for any number of occasions.
I hope you enjoyed this simple little birthday card.  Have a great week and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl        


No comments: