Wish List

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tickets of thanks...

Ticket shapes seem to be everywhere in papercrafting these days. If you think about it, they aren't normally considered decorating items - except when they are saved in our albums so we don't forget a memorable concert or other kind of performance. I have come to really like using ticket shapes on my cards along with the stamps that are available to adapt them to any occasion.

Here's a card I made using a ticket die from Spellbinders and a ticket-shaped thank you stamp from Close to My Heart that fits perfectly on the die-cut.  The tickets were cut from kraft CS and stamped with a brown chalk ink.
I used papers from my stash and punched  a border from white CS that I also inked along both sides to help define it a bit more.  I had just the right length of green ribbon left to run across the center of the punched border and create a couple of small tails to peek out from beneath the Petaloo flowers. A few pink flat-backed pearls, a little faux stitching with a pink marker and my thank you card was done.

I think I'll be using the ticket shape quite a bit in the future. It really is versatile and adds a nice point of interest.

Thanks for stopping by.  Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: