Wish List

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sympathy card...

I always want to have a sympathy card or two on hand for those times when I need them. They are doubly hard for me to make if I wait until they're actually needed. 
Here's one I made for my stash recently:
It's a very simple design, but I think that it has a calm and peaceful look to it. The colors are serene and the swirls in the paper pattern remind me of ripples in the water. The ribbon that runs across the seam between the two papers was a wired ribbon. To make it a little easier to work with, I simply cut the length I needed and then pulled the wires out from either side. I saved these thin wires to use them as butterfly antennae on another project.
I used a couple of Lifestyle Crafts dies to cut the two scalloped squares. The largest one was chalked in the center with blue chalk and then popped up on dimensionals. I printed the sentiment and cut it out with a smaller die and glued that square directly to the larger one to make it more mailable.


 
I added a sheer double bow with a brad to finish the card. I hate to think when I will next need this card, but I'm glad I have it ready.

Thanks for stopping by and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

1 comment:

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl! Your colors are so soft, and love the sheer ribbon too! Great job :)