Wish List

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Card for a beautiful baby boy...

My niece recently gave birth to her second baby boy, and so I wanted to send her a little gift along with a card. I have had this image in my envelope of images for ages, so I'm not even sure where I got it. I had printed it on watercolor paper, so I colored it with AquaMarkers (by Letraset). You can see how intense the colors are from the AquaMarkers. I really love that about them. I also added some stickles to the stars for a little sparkle. The polka dots on the little sleeper were made with gold liquid pearls.
I stamped the banner and cut it out. Then I took my smallest "Congratulations" acryllic stamp, curved it on the block and stamped it onto the banner. It's not perfect because it wouldn't curve like I wanted it to (it's a dollar stamp, after all), but I don't think my niece will mind.

Here's a better look at it:
You can see in this photo how I've popped it up on dimensionals. The scalloped rectangle is also popped up on dimensionals.

Here's a look at the inside of the card. I used the same star-patterned paper on a yellow mat as was used on the front. The sentiment was stamped with Versamark and heat-embossed with white detail embossing powder.
Thanks for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
 

No comments: