Wish List

Saturday, October 20, 2012

The last of my Halloween cards...

I have finally finished making all of my Halloween cards and have sent off those that needed to be mailed. Always such a good feeling!

Aren't these two characters fun? They are both from the Happy Hauntings cartridge. That cartridge has so many fun Halloween images on it.

I once again made pop-up cards. They're perfect for these images.




Here's a picture of the cards when they're closed.

And another photo when the tag is pulled and the images pop up to reveal the Boo! message. Did you notice that I used two googly eyes over the o's in Boo?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This next card has lots of googly eyes. I simply added them to a strip of DSP that had a cute "little monster" design on it. I matted it with some Halloween-patterned paper, added a couple of stickers and the card was done! The pictures below also show an example of the little coffin treat boxes I made for each of my grandkids. I filled them with M&Ms.















Here's Dracula, himself, with bloodshot eyes, no less!


It's hard to see but there is a spider that has been heat embossed onto the large web in the upper left hand corner.











The owl in this card was cut at 3 inches from the Hoot 'n' Holler cartridge and the leaves were punched out with a Martha Stewart punch. I scored them down the center and then did some shaping to give them a little dimension.

Don't you love the wood-grain cardstock? It looks like real veneer!




 
Here are the last two cards - I promise!  These are for older kids or adults

The label die cuts are chipboard pieces that came with the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge. I inked them with some purple distress ink, stamped them with Versamark and embossed with black embossing powder. The flags on the first card were each embossed with different folders in my Cuttlebug. One of the folders was actually a Christmas folder, but because the flag was narrow enough, I could position it on a non-Christmassy portion of the folder.

Thanks for looking at so many of my Halloween cards. I promise not to share any more - not this year anyway!

I'm so glad you paid a visit to my little blog. As I like to remind everyone, don't forget to laugh--a little or a lot--everyday.
Cheryl



No comments: