Wish List

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Valentine for my husband...

When I began thinking about what kind of Valentine to make for my husband, the thought that kept coming to mind was "Life is Good." It's his favorite saying and he says it regularly. He loves life, loves his job and loves our blended family. He especially loves the grandkids. He often says "Life is Good" in reference to them.

Here is the Valentine that I came up with for this kind and loving man of mine:
The music paper was made with a music background stamp, the hearts were cut from George and the border was made with a Fiskars border punch. In order to get my computer to print the words on the hearts, I first printed the words on a piece of standard paper, then centered my hearts over the words on the paper, adhering them with a little low-tack tape and ran the paper through the printer again.

Here's a close-up look at those hearts. I think you can see here that I also popped them up on pop dots for a little dimension.
The inside of the card is a couple more hearts, one plain and one scalloped (cut from Gypsy Wanderings).  I added a little hat (like my husband often wears) to the male heart and a little pink bow to the female heart. I added some fun faces with Peachy Keen face stamps and Stazon ink.  These hearts are also popped up on pop dots.
Here's a little closer look. Aren't these heart faces fun? I think he'll really like his card.
Thanks for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or alot--every day.
Cheryl
 

 

No comments: