Wish List

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Happy retirement...

My daughter's mother-in-law retired recently, and I am so happy for her. I decided to make her a card to let her know. Here's what I came up with:
 
I bought the dancing lady stamp at my local second-hand craft store, ArtScraps, so I have no idea who made it. In fact, it was one that someone had mounted onto a wood block made from some sort of moulding. I thought it was a fun stamp, one I would actually use, and it cost me a mere 75 cents!
 
Please excuse the poor quality photos. It's been dark, gloomy, cold and SNOWY here lately, so the light has been horrible for any sort of photography. One day, I'm going to get some lights and set up a little light box where I can take photos properly.
 
I colored the image with ProMarkers and printed the circle sentiments on my computer. You can see in this  photo how the sentiments are popped up on pop dots.
I kept the inside pretty simple, just adding a border of the patterned paper at the bottom.
I truly hope she enjoys this card and lives life to the fullest during her retirement.
 
Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Shanna said...

That is SO cute!!! She's going to LOVE it. Jay and I were just discussing how thoughtful you are!!!! :)