Wish List

Saturday, April 27, 2013

May the force be with you...

Continuing with the cards I made for my daughter's children to give to their little friends, here's one featuring Darth Vader. My grandson is crazy about Star Wars, so I simply had to include a couple with that theme:
Of course, I didn't have a stamp of good old Darth, so I had to search the internet for a line drawing that I could color with my ProMarkers. I found this one, which is a little cartoon-y, but not so much so as to be silly.

I had to research what color his light saber should be - turns out it should be red. Yay! I've got some red glitter glue (that my grandson actually picked out for me) that worked perfectly.


In the close up of  Darth, you can see that I added some Diamond Glaze to his helmet, eye shields (they're not really glasses, are they?) and boots and used a silver metallic ProMarker on his buckle, saber hilt, etc.

I also had some black faux brads that worked perfectly in the corners.









I kept the inside of the card pretty simple, using some more of the black and white chevron paper to dress it up a bit.

For the shape of this card, I folded my cardstock in half and then cut it with a LifeStyle Crafts shaped die. I did manage to nick the fold a bit on one side (oops!), but since I didn't notice it until I had the mats already adhered to the front, I left it. I don't think my grandson or the recipient of this card will mind.






I hope you enjoyed my card today. Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

Patti J said...

You rock! This is so much fun, Cheryl...bet the kiddos loved it! Thanks for sharing :-)

Renee C said...

This is a great card. My nephew would like on just like it. Thanks for the idea!