Wish List

Saturday, June 1, 2013

A Goofy birthday card...

As I mentioned in this blog post, I have some of the world's greatest sons-in-law. One of them has the quickest wit and often makes me laugh out loud. He is so smart and has tremendous writing ability.  I hope he writes a book some day. I'd be the first in line at Barnes & Noble for a signed copy!

Anyway, he can act goofy with the best of us, and I LOVE that about him, so I decided to cut a Goofy image for his birthday card.
 
I love this image of Goofy. It's so classic and takes me back to watching Disney cartoons in the 60s. Goofy is tall and lanky (for a toon), like my son-in-law, and is always involved in one caper or another. I cut Goofy at 3.5 inches from the Mickey & Friends cartridge. The tiny cuts for his teeth were sooooooo small that I used a white gel pen, instead, to color them in.



He was rather fiddly to put together - with all his different layers and pieces - but I think he turned out looking like the real Goofy! Goofy was always my favorite of Mickey's cohorts, so it was fun to revive him on paper.

Here you can see how I popped Goofy up on some foam squares to give him a little added dimension.













The inside was kept pretty simple and computer-generated. I just wanted my son-in-law to know how grateful we are that he is part of our family. He has added so much to our motley crew, and I think at least one of his boys (my beautiful grandsons) is taking after him. His youngest, at age 3, is one of those kids who can say--and DO--the darnedest things! Oh, the stories that could be told about him.

Thanks for dropping by today. I hope you liked my "Goofy" birthday card.

It's Saturday, and I'm looking forward to catching up on lots of things around the house, planting some more flowers, doing some mega-grocery shopping (the cupboards are pretty bare) and maybe even relaxing a little.

Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.  It's good for your soul. And when you have a son-in-law like I do, that's an easy thing to do. Have a wonderful weekend!
Cheryl

No comments: