Wish List

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Even wrapping paper works...

While visiting one of my daughters recently, I watched her wrap a gift with some lovely, thick wrapping paper. Honestly, it was a higher quality paper than most of the DSP I have on hand right now! She insisted that I take a little of it home with me, and here's the first card I made with it:

I love that funky orange and gray print. It's a small print so it's easy to use as a background paper.
 
I cut some small scalloped squares out of shimmery gray cardstock with a Cuttlebug die. I just happened to have a few orange Petaloo flowers on hand that worked perfectly as embellishments.
 
 The sentiment was stamped onto some white cardstock and then punched out with an EK Success label punch and backed with some of the same shimmery gray cardstock.
 
I decorated the inside by adding a strip of the wrapping paper with a scalloped edge of gray peeking out.
I always keep my eye out for great paper--you never know where you're going to find it!  Thanks so much for stopping by. Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl
 




1 comment:

designbydonna said...

What a great idea to use wrapping paper. Since my kids have grown, I am giving more gift cards. I will have to go check my stash of wrapping paper. Great idea for Christmas paper too.