Wish List

Monday, November 4, 2013

An all occasion card...

I often need a blank, all-occasion card to send a note to a friend or family member. Here's one I made not long ago. I actually sent this card to a friend, and I wrote my note on a Post-It and stuck it inside the card. That way, my friend could pull out my note and send the card to someone else. Since this card was enclosed in a box with some other items, I didn't write anything on the envelope, either, so that it could be re-used, as well.

The flowers were made with a MS hydrangea punch. I shaped the petals with a stylus and added them to the Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die cut. The corner cuts are by Lifestyle Crafts and the bottom border was made with a Fiskars punch. Oh yes, the scalloped oval is a Spellbinders die.

The inside was kept very simple with just the border at the bottom to add some interest. I didn't add any sentiment to the front or the inside so that the card can be tailored to any occasion with a hand-written note.

I've started making my Christmas cards, but haven't gotten very far. Right now I'm working on a few Thanksgiving cards. I'll be sharing those over the next week or two. Once they're done, I'll be diving headlong into the Christmas card-making frenzy!

Have you started your holiday shopping yet? I have only bought a few gifts - like maybe 4 or 5. We have 6 kids and their spouses plus 10 grandkids to buy for. We also usually get a small something for a couple of brothers. All told, that's a lot of shopping--and wrapping! But I love doing it.


Thanks so much for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl


2 comments:

designbydonna said...

Very pretty card. Beautiful front and l
ove that scalloped detail on the inside too.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Lovely card. I tend to leave the insides of my cards blank so I can use them whenever. I love putting a post it note inside so the recipient can use it too.