Wish List

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Last minute Christmas card...

If you read yesterday's post, you know that I had to make a quick Christmas card for someone whose address had changed, so they didn't get a card from me when I mailed mine out. A couple days ago, I received a card from them with their new address on the envelope, so I needed to make them a quick card (because I've misplaced the extra ones I made!!!)

I saw this card on the blog of someone who lives in my neck of the woods (Minneapolis area) and thought it would be the perfect simple, but elegant card to make.
It's a little difficult to see, but it's made by scoring 3 lines of different lengths, die-cutting some pretty snowflakes and adhering them to the endpoints of each line and adding some flat-backed gems. I stamped "Merry Christmas" with Versamark and then embossed with some sparkly silver embossing powder. So pretty!

I stamped a sentiment on the inside, and the card was done. So quick and easy! I think the secret to making this card is to use good quality, heavy cardstock. I will definitely be making more of these for next year.

I've also been busy making little treat bags for the 7 grandkids who will be visiting. Here's an example of what I've been working on:
I made a little box bottom that measured 2"X3.5". Then I adhered a 5"X12" piece of heavy wrapping paper to the box bottom and added the punched border. A couple of punched circles folded in half and glued to the wrapping paper provided extra support for the punched hole and ribbon tie.

The snowman was cut from the Doodlecharm cartridge, and I added a little ribbon scarf to each one. I hope the kids all enjoy their little treat bags.

I'm not sure if I'll get another post written before Christmas, so I want to wish everyone a blessed and peaceful holiday and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl, I like the card with the simplicity of the snowflakes. Very pretty. I am finally getting back on the "Net" now that I got a new laptop. I still don't have email due to a glitch I'm trying to correct. Anyway love all the cards you have been making. pj