Wish List

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Happy Birthday, Deb...

It is my sister Deb's birthday today. I hope she has a wonderful day and is treated like a queen!

Here is the card I made for her:
I embossed the turquoise panel with a Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder. I love this particular one that came in a set of two called "Classic." I think you can see that I also slightly inked the raised parts of the embossed image to give it a bit more dimension.

The doily was cut with a Lifestyle Crafts die out of some sparkly turquoise paper. Luckily, I just happened to have some turquoise glitter paper that matched my turquoise cardstock. The banner was made from 1" satin ribbon.

Because I didn't exactly tell the truth on the front of the card (shhhhh - my sister is a "little" older than 29), I decided  I might as well embellish the truth on the inside of the card, too. I really don't weigh 110 lbs. I mean, I REALLY don't weigh 110 lbs!

I did a little more embossing on the inside, added a little ribbon and a couple of decorative corners cut with a Cuttlebug die.

This card was a lot of fun. I just hope it makes my sister smile on her big day.

Once again....
Happy Birthday, Deb!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Patti J said...

Ha ha! Your sister is going to love this! How much fun to laugh at a PRETTY card! Great job, Cheryl, and Happy Birthday to your sis!