Wish List

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Nadine's beautiful cards and tags...

Our son-in-law is from Germany, and we have come to know and love his family there. He has a lovely sister named Nadine who is a wonderful seamstress and paper crafter. Yay! I'm so glad Nadine and I share a love for this hobby, even though we're an ocean apart!

She was so kind to send me some samples of the things she has made. Following are a few of the items she sent, and I'll be showing more of them to you in another blog post.
Nadine made this beautiful card, and one of my favorite parts of this card is the scalloped oval mat cut from vellum. Everything is so perfectly placed and adhered, and the bird/branch silhouette is so striking against the white and red.


Here's a little closer look at the central image of the card. I'm not sure what she used to cut the bird image, but I really love it!

















Here's a look at the inside of the card. You can see that the liner has a deckle edge. The greeting means something akin to "A loving greeting."
















Here are three adorable note cards that Nadine made. I think she must have a kitten punch. So cute! These cards are blank inside, so there is room to write a personal note. Wouldn't a set of these make a fun gift for a friend?

These lovely tags will make any gift more special. The ones Nadine stamped with brown ink are also heat embossed. Here, you also see the bird image again - perfect for a tag, too! And don't you love the big eyes on those owls?



Here's a little closer look at the owls. They make me smile, just to look at them.















And a little closer look at this winter scene. This would also look great on a masculine card. We all seem to have more trouble making cards for men, and stamps like this are the perfect solution.






As I mentioned at the top of this post, these are just some of the items Nadine sent. I'll be sharing more in another post.

Isn't Nadine a wonderful paper crafter? Please leave her a note, if you can, and let her know that even though we may live in different countries, we're all part of the same craft-loving community!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for posting my cards etc. ! How do you make so perfect fotos ?
N.M.