Wish List

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Hello...

Sometimes you want a card that just says "Hello." I like to have some of those around in case I want to send someone a quick note. This card is one of those:

I started with a deep pink card base. Then added some pretty black and white paper that had been adhered to a black mat.  A pink satin ribbon added a little spark of color.



The "hello" was cut with a Cuttlebug die. The three pink gems started out as clear ones. I just colored them with a ProMarker to match my color scheme.

The sentiment label is a Spellbinders die. To get the narrow shadow, I simply adhered the label to some black cardstock and then hand cut around the label.

Sometimes I wish every set of label dies increased by 1/16" for the graduated sizes. I realize that would mean that every set would have to include about 16 dies, but wouldn't that be nice?

Well, that's it for me today. We are still dealing with mountains of snow here in the Minneapolis area. The piles are so high, we don't know where to put it anymore! Intersections are getting very tricky because it's tough to see around the big piles of snow at every corner. It is supposed to be in the 30s later this week. I can't wait!

I hope the weather is great wherever you are. Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good idea - and so simple !!
I `ll remember it for some new cards !
Thank you,
Nadine