Wish List

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pink and white Easter card...

 As I was making my Easter cards, I realized that I didn't have a single one with a traditional bunny on it. I had to make at least ONE with a bunny!

I had this lovely pale pink Core'dinations cardstock that I wanted to use for this card. I embossed it with the Darice 5" X 7" Plaid embossing folder. I actually sanded the top of the embossed cardstock, but because the color is nearly the same on the outside as it is on the inside, the sanding didn't show any real contrast. I heat embossed "Happy Easter" onto a vellum banner which is attached to the front of the card underneath the two little tiles you see at the end of it. I think I also added a tiny bit of vellum adhesive under the sentiment, itself.


The bunny was cut from the Kate's ABCs cartridge. I cut it a couple of times out of white cardstock and glued the layers together. Then I flocked the bunny (love that stuff!) and added a white bow and a pink pearl for an eye.

After I had placed my bunny on my card with some foam dots, I realized that it was just kind of hanging there in mid-air and needed something to stand on. I used my Fiskars grass border punch to punch a little grass and trimmed it so it would just fit around the bunny. I also added a tiny pink butterfly (also a Fiskars punch).







For the inside, I printed the sentiment using my computer, then inked around the insert. A little strip of cardstock and two more sparkly tile embellishments finished it!

Have you finished all your Easter cards yet? My sister informed me that she has made 30 of them - a dozen ahead of me (not that we compete....much). I made a list today of all those family members and friends that I want to send Easter cards to and discovered that I need four more. Back to the drawing board...

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love the bunny he is just too cute!
Great Easter card.
Are you going up to the Pine City Scrapbook store garage sale that starts on Saturday?