Wish List

Saturday, June 14, 2014

"Down to the wire" Father's Day cards...

My sister and I both managed to leave our Father's Day cards for our husbands until nearly the last minute. Guess we're cut from the same cloth, so to speak.

It's pretty obvious to me that my sister works well under pressure! Here's her cute card:

 The "Happy Father's Day" oval was cut from the Father's Day cartridge and her fence was made with a Martha Stewart punch. That little golf bag is a button, believe it or not, and the golf balls are flat-backed pearls. The golf cart is a Jolee sticker and looks just like my sister and her husband's actual cart, I'm told.

I love the textured green cardstock she used for the grass. It looks almost real! And the cloud-patterned DSP for the sky was perfect. I need to get my hands on some of that!



The inside of her card is really cute, too, with a golf ball button - I don't know where she finds these cute buttons! - and a couple of die cuts to frame her sentiment.

Both she and her husband love to golf, so this is perfect for him.





My father's day card is much simpler, and decidedly mushier. I figure that's okay, though. I'm kind of a "mushy" person. He he

The gold-colored mat was embossed, but I'm not sure about the brand of the folder - it could very well be a Darice folder. I have quite a few of those. I cut the sentiment (and its mat) with a Spellbinder's die. "World" is printed from my computer using Word Art in MS Word. It's difficult to see in the photo, but the letters actually have a gradient color shading to them, going from top to bottom. I inked around the sentiment die cut and banner with some yellow ink and popped the banner up on some foam tape.



For the inside verse, I found a long poem by Helen Steiner Rice. I excerpted a couple of verses and changed them a bit to better fit what I wanted to say. My husband is such a kind and gentle man, and I wanted to express that in this card.














I also used this card design to make a birthday card for my brother-in-law.  The front of his card looks the same, but the inside, of course is quite different.


On his card, I added a strip of my envelope-punch-board-rickrack.

I'm not sure what we'll be doing on Father's Day, but I guess I'd better start thinking about some special dishes to prepare and maybe an activity or two (a fun bike ride?) to mark the day. I certainly hope the weather improves. Today, it is raining and blowing like mad. You'd think we lived in hurricane country, when in fact, we're in the middle of Minnesota! A while ago I heard a distant "crash" and wondered if a tree had been torn out of the ground by the extreme gusts of wind. There are certainly plenty of smaller branches strewn around by the storm!

Hope the sun is shining wherever you are. Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

Georgiana said...

Loving the golf card! My family is really into golf right now so they would all love your card too!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great cards! Love the golf cart!

Hannelie said...

I love the little details on the first card Cheryl. That golf car looks so real!
Great simplicity on the 2nd card!