Wish List

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Adding my own personal touch...

I've had these little thank you notes hanging around for a long time, but I've just not been able to bring myself to use them. Since I make my own cards, it's very difficult for me to send out a manufactured card. I feel like I'm cheating!
These are small cards - 3" X 5" - and I really wanted to use them, but felt I needed to add my own personal touch before I'd be comfortable doing so.

Here's what I did to dress them up:
I simply added a pearl made with a Viva Decor pen to the center of each flower and a tiny bow out of baker's twine to the center flower. I also rounded the two bottom corners of the card.

It's silly, I know, but I now feel okay in sending these cards out to people.
Do you ever do this kind of thing to ready-made cards? I'm really hoping I'm not the only one!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

5 comments:

Georgiana said...

The bow and pearls were the perfect touch.

designbydonna said...

Very pretty and they are so much more appealing with your add-ons. Yes, I do that too, sometimes even cutting off all or parts of fronts and make a whole new card.

Anonymous said...

I have done the same, just this year with some Halloween note cards. I embellished the insides and will send to granddaughters and great nephews. The envelopes were so cute inside and out. I will try and send you a picture.

Hannelie said...

This is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I like your ideas. I always make the computer cards as you know and I do this sort of thing when I get them done ahead of time so that I have some time. I also like to add some glitter to make them sparkle and some ribbon bows. I think it makes them more "Hallmark" looking and more personalized. pj