Wish List

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Like a fine wine, you only get better with age...

I picked up the Fiskars "Aged to Perfection" stamp set a week or two ago at Michael's. It was highly reduced, and I knew that I would be able to use it for birthday cards. As it turns out, I needed a quick card to give to my husband's cousin tomorrow when we meet her for lunch, and this stamp set was the perfect choice to produce something in a hurry. I really like how the card turned out. Sadly, this photo doesn't do it justice at all.  It was late afternoon by the time I could take a photo, and the light was nearly nonexistent.



The wine bottle and wine glass were stamped on vellum, then heat-embossed with some clear embossing powder. I fussy-cut them out and colored them on the back side with my ProMarkers. Then I popped them up on some clear dimensional adhesive. You can just see a slight shadow of the cork in the photo at left, indicating that dimension I was talking about.

If you look closely, you'll also see the tiny red gems that I added to the corner flourish. I also went over the lines of the flourish with a glitter pen to give it a little sparkle. Oh yes, the fancy rectangle was cut with a Spellbinder's Romantic Rectangles die.



I added a little strip of the black and white DSP to the top and bottom of the inside panel. I also punched out a couple small flowers from the glitter tape that I used on the front. I added them with one of the little red gems in the center of each.

Our Thanksgiving Day was lovely - lots of food for everyone to enjoy and several grandchildren to keep us on our toes. The turkey is nearly gone now, but we're still working on the pie. We ended up with eight pies for eight people! It's going to take a while to eat all of them.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


3 comments:

Patti J said...

Wow, Cheryl! What a fun card, and love the little gems! Great idea! Hugs...

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, That is a lovely card with lots of neat details. Love the frame and that flourish. Really sets off your wine images.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a fun Birthday card Cheryl! Love how you framed the images with the beautiful die cut!