Wish List

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Happy 50th Anniversary...

On September 5, my sister and her husband will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. Congratulations and big hugs to both of them! I remember their wedding day very well. I was a young teen who was VERY excited to be my sister's maid of honor. I just can't believe that 50 years have passed since that day!

A special celebration will take place later this month, but sadly we are unable to attend. We will actually be out of the country on that day. I definitely wanted them to know we will be thinking of them, however, so I made a special card, which they should have received by now.

I started with a white card base. I cut another piece of white card that was 1/4" smaller on each side and stamped "happy" and "anniversary" in the right hand corner with Versamark ink, leaving room for a die-cut "50th." I heat-embossed the two words with some gold embossing powder and then dry-embossed the entire piece of card using a Cuttlebug embossing folder called Kassie's Brocade. This panel was then matted with some gold metallic card stock.



I die-cut the "50th" out of the same gold metallic CS and adhered it between happy and anniversary.













I stamped this rose by Stampin' Up onto some vellum cardstock three times with Versamark ink. These images were all heat-embossed with my gold embossing powder and fussy-cut.

I wanted a multi-layer rose, so I cut the center section from one, the middle tier around the center section from another and, finally, the entire rose. I then layered one on top of the other, bending the petals up a bit to add some dimension.

I happened to have some gold leaves in my stash, so I added a couple of these to complete my rose.



For the inside of my card, I found this lovely verse online, which I printed onto vellum using my color printer. It took some experimentation to get the right shade of gold. I actually looked up the RGB numbers for metallic gold and then adjusted from there, printing out several attempts before I got the right color.

I used a flourish die by Sizzix to cut two small flourishes for the top. I was able to intersect the flourishes perfectly in the center. I put some double-sided adhesive tape on the vellum behind the flourishes to adhere my vellum panel to the inside of my card. You don't want to use liquid glue on vellum because it wrinkles the vellum as it dries. (Don't ask me how I know that!!)

This photo shows the gold envelope I made to mail my card in. I happened to have some very heavy metallic gold wrapping paper that worked great for an envelope. My envelope punch board makes it so easy to make envelopes in many, many sizes. Because of the shiny surface of the wrapping paper, I did use a white label on it, but I had a gold metallic marker to write the address.

Well, that's my card for today. Once again, I want to wish my sister and brother-in-law a

HAPPY GOLDEN WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

7 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Absolutely beautiful - love the gold and the verse is so nice. Sorry youwill miss the celebration but you will be in their thoughts I am sure.

Patti J said...

Ww, wow, wow! Cheryl, this is stunning! The gold is so elegant, and it's beautiful that you carried it to the inside of your card as well! I know you will be missed...sorry you can't go :-( I'll be thinking of you!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Cheryl! All the shimmery gold looks amazing! Happy Anniversary to your family! What a wonderful way to celebrate! Surely she will treasure this beauty!

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Cheryl, LOVE your vellum rose. Shame you will miss the party, but I hope you have a fabulous holiday. Safe travels x

Taunya Butler said...

GORGEOUS with all that lovely gold and white!! What a lucky duck your sister and her husband are to A- have reached this milestone in their marriage and B- are fortunate enough to have you to make this wonderful card for them!! You are so loving, and so sweet and personal in your card-making!!! I admire you!!

Hannelie said...

Your vellum rose is PERFECT!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!