Wish List

Sunday, November 15, 2015

A little hostess gift...

We were invited to dinner last night and the hostess is a dynamite cook. Her specialty is Indian food, which we love! I wanted to take her something other than the usual bottle of wine as a hostess gift, so I decided to make a little set of notecards.

I dug out this paper stack because it has some lovely foiled papers and the quality of the cardstock is top-notch.

Add caption


It's by Craft Smith and is called "Holiday Elegance." Even though it is meant for the Christmas holiday, there are many papers that can be used for other things. In fact, only a couple of the patterns are clearly Christmas, with ornaments and Christmas trees on them.













I decided to use my Sizzix die that cuts nice little notecards that are about 3 1/2" X 5 1/2" with a fancy front edge. I made two of each of the designs you see below for a total of eight cards.

The fancy white scroll piece on the front of each card is a die that comes with the Sizzix set. I added some double-sided adhesive to one side of some cardstock and then cut this embellishment out for each card. That way, I could simply peel off the backing of the adhesive and stick it down onto the card front. I didn't want to try gluing something onto the foil. I'm a messy gluer, and any extra that squeezed out from under my die-cut would have really shown.



I also made some envelopes for my cards using my CTMH Envelope Punch Board. I edged the back flap with a gold metallic marker and stamped a little flourish on each one with some metallic gold ink.

Just these two little touches really dressed up these envelopes!












Finally, I needed a little box to hold my notecards. Once again I used my Envelope Punch Board to make this box and added a belly band to keep it shut without having to glue it. I figure my friend can reuse this box for a gift, if she chooses.






Here's one last look at all the pieces. Again, I'm only showing you four of the eight cards here. I had a hard time trying to fit everything into the photo, so I just displayed these four.

I think my friend really appreciated this different kind of hostess gift. And I had fun making it!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful hostess gift. That white scroll trim really sets off the cards.

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Cheryl! So beautiful and elegant! What a great gift!

Glittered Paws said...

What an awesome gift - very pretty.

Unknown said...

It is a stunning hostess gift. I am sure your friend will use them with pride.

Sue said...

How thoughtful, I am sure she loved these beautiful cards. And the matching box is lovely too Cheryl. So much more personal and nicer than a bottle of wine.

Hugs
Sue