Wish List

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Christmas cards for 2016...

I know that Easter is just around the corner, and even though I've been busy making cards for that holiday, I've also made a couple of Christmas cards for my 2016 stash.


This card features a Recollections stamp that I picked up during Michaels' after-Christmas sale. I've stamped it onto a circle of wood-grained cardstock, colored in parts of it with Promarkers and added a few red enamel dots.  My little bow was the finishing touch.

My Christmasy DSP was from a 12" X 12" paper stack that I picked up at Joann's during another after-Christmas sale. Love those post-holiday sales!

I added another piece of the striped paper on the inside. My sentiment here is by Recollections.



This card features Heidi Swapp dies for dec. 25 - another post-Christmas purchase on sale! The dies actually were "december 25" but since it wouldn't all fit on my card, I used only "dec" and added a period. My snowflakes were cut from some fun foam using Impression Obsession dies. The fun foam gives them great dimension and helps them stand out.


A simple matted strip of my DSP decorates the inside, and my sentiment is once again a stamp by Recollections.

I'm entering both these cards into Darnell's NBUS challenge over at DJKardKreations. All the Recollections stamps and Heidi Swapp dies that I've used on these two cards are NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff). This is such a fun challenge, and it really encourages me to look at my supplies and use some of the things that are sitting there looking sad because they've not made it onto a card. Why not join in? You KNOW you've got NBUS, too!! :)

Tonight was the last show of the last season of Downton Abbey in my television area. Prior to watching the show, my DH and I attended a "Downton Abbey Tea" (a Christmas gift from one of our DDs) in a lovely and elegant old hotel in St. Paul, MN. It was a dress-up, five-course affair, and we really enjoyed it. Afterwards, we came home and watched the final show, along with another hour of extras about the filming of this fabulous series. I will miss it on Sunday nights!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl



4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

What pretty Christmas cards - you have got a jump on your cards for this year.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful Christmas cards Cheryl! So fun and festive!

Lynne in NI said...

Good for you! My good intentions have so far resulted in ONE Christmas card ;)

Hannelie said...

One thing I always admire about your cards, is the beautifully decorated insides!