Wish List

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

A Christmas card in May...

When I saw the challenges at Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge Blog and Passion for ProMarkers Challenge Blog, I knew I had to make a card to enter both of them. After all, I am WAY behind on making Christmas cards!

The Merry Monday challenge is to use a snowglobe image on your project, and the Passion for ProMarkers challenge is to use spots and/or stripes. In looking through my Christmas supplies box, I found just the right stamps for the job.


I had this cute Sizzix snowglobe stamp and also these fun tree stamps, which are by Hampton Art. I decided to create a little scene using these stamps, along with a Darice embossing folder and a "joy" die-cut by Sizzix/Tim Holtz.

I stamped my little snow globe and colored it with ProMarkers, adding shading with blue and grey markers to the snow and globe and using three different brown markers for the stand. Once it was colored, I covered the globe portion with some double-sided sheet adhesive, sprinkled it with clear glitter and burnished it in. The sparkle really adds a special touch to an otherwise simple stamp.

You may be able to see the sparkle a little better in this photo.

Next, I stamped my trees on white CS and colored them with ProMarkers. The polka dots on the first tree were black since I had stamped with black ink, so I used an opaque marker to make the dots white. Like the snowglobe, the trees were fussy cut. The snowglobe and the plaid tree were adhered with foam tape for a little added dimension.

I added a bit of twine as a finishing touch. I thought it nicely tied in the kraft cardstock that I had used for my card base.


I kept the inside of my card pretty simple, using only the embossing folder that I had used for the front to add a little interest and dimension.

So that's one more Christmas card done and dusted! I definitely need to make a lot more of them in the coming weeks to catch up to my 6-10 cards per month goal. But with the warm weather and brilliant sunshine...that's probably not going to happen. I'll surely be scrambling again in November to get them done.

I hope your week is going splendidly. Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

17 comments:

designbydonna said...

If you have done even 1 Christmas card, you are way ahead of me. I love the little scene you created. The snowflake embossing on the inside really accents your sentiment.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a sweet Christmas card Cheryl! Love the snowglobe with the sweet snowman! The embossed detail looks fantastic!

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable scene you have created, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Beverley said...

You are so organised, I haven't even thought of Christmas! Lovely mix of patterns and colouring. Thanks for playing at Passion for Promarkers. Hugs Bev (Uniko Sponsor) x

Bonnie said...

Love this sparkling snow globe, Cheryl! Cute trees too! Love the way you've embossed on the inside! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a fun card Cheryl! Love that jolly snowman! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Glittered Paws said...

Cute cute - love the little snowman and kudos to you for getting ahead on Christmas.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling snowman in the snow globe - just love all the glitter!!

Colleen said...

Cheryl, this is so cute, I love the added embossing on the outside as well as the inside!! Oh and that background with the holly is awesome!! Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday!

Colleen said...

Love your glittery snow globe! and I adore the background holly leaves and the different designs of each tree! Awesome card for this challenge! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Marcia Hill said...

What a cute, cute card Cheryl! Your snow globe is so adorable and I love those tree's! The best part that I liked though is the embossing on the inside...now why didn't I ever think of that?!!! Thank you for the inspiration...I will definitely be remembering this!! :0)

Donna said...

Cute christmas card Cheryl, adorable little snowman and fab paper pieced Christmas trees! Many thanks for playing along with our Ann'y challenge over at Passion for Promarkers this week and good luck! :) Donna ♥ x

Lynne in NI said...

Oh I love your sparkly snowglobe! You're doing better than me at the Christmas card stash, I think I've got 3 so far!

The Crafty Den said...

Beautiful Christmas card Cheryl. I love the sweet image and your colouring is perfect. I love the sparkly globe too. Thank you for celebrating our 7th anniversary with us at PFP this week. Good luck and hugs, Denise x

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

Adorable card! I love those patterned paper trees! And that snowman is too cute! Love the rustic feel!

Julie said...

Fabulous Christmas card, love your spotty and stripey trees! Thanks for joining in our Anniversary challenge at PFP, best of luck, Juliexx

Taunya Butler said...

ADORABLE and just so perfectly done!! Wonderfully cute and all the special touches you added just made it cuter and that snowman made me smile!!