Wish List

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Butterflies galore...

I love making cards with butterfly die-cuts, so recently I made this card for a friend:

I had some pretty floral printed cardstock and wasn't quite sure what to do with it. Its pattern reminded me of a field of wildflowers, so I decided to add a colorful sentiment (computer-generated), along with some die-cut greenery and butterflies.



I tried to incorporate all the CS colors into my sentiment.  My friend is such a kind and caring person, that I thought she would really appreciate this sentiment.















The butterfly on the front of my card came from a set of nine Ellentina butterfly dies.












I added five more of the Ellentina butterfly die-cuts to the inside of my card. If you look closely you can see that I have scored each one down the center so that they can easily fold in half.

Here's a little better look at how they decorate the inside of my card. The two end butterflies each have one wing attached to the left and right sides of my card. They're each a little different, but virtually the same size, so it was easy to glue the wing tips together so that they would be suspended, rainbow fashion, inside the card. They all fold together nicely when the card is closed.

Today, my DH and I went into downtown Minneapolis. We haven't done that in ages! First we went to the Home & Garden show at the convention center, then went to Brit's Pub for lunch. After lunch we went to a "going out of business" sale at our city's biggest Macy's store. I actually found a new winter dress coat for less than $100 that had originally been priced at $325. Yay me! Even my DH found some bargains, so we came home with several bags of goodies.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


4 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Cheryl! Love all the colorful butterflies! Sounds like you and your husband had a great date :) Hope you have a great week!

designbydonna said...

Everything about this card is beautiful. That is a great sentiment. I like how you picked up the colors and used them on your words. Delightful surprise when opening the card. Your friend will treasure it.

Glittered Paws said...

This is so pretty and you do so well at computer generating those sayings. Shopping - did you say shopping??? What a deal you got. Hate so many stores are going out of business.

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh beautiful card Cheryl, loving all those pretty butterflies on the inside too :)
Sounds like you both had a great shopping day, your coat was a real bargain!