Wish List

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Quick get well card...

I am trying to replenish my stash of cards while I also try to get all the summer birthday cards made. And in my family, that's a LOT of cards. We have so many birthdays in June, July and August that I figure there must have been electrical blackouts in the Midwest during certain years which resulted in everyone staying home and "entertaining" themselves during the months of  September, October and November. he he

Anyway, enough of my rambling and back to replenishing my card stash. Here's a quick card I made with a die my sister kindly gave me. It's one of the unbranded dies that are so popular now.

If you look closely, you'll see that only the butterfly is glittery. I added some double-sided adhesive behind the butterfly portion of the die-cut and then burnished some clear glitter into the open spaces. It actually looks really pretty IRL.


Here's a little closer look at the die-cut. I'm not sure why I often seem to get a blurry portion on my pictures. I guess I need to work on my camera settings.










I had just a little strip of my patterned paper left, so I decided to use a border punch (not sure of the brand) and make a decorative piece for the inside. I backed it with a piece of pink CS so that the pink would show through the punched holes. There's still lots of room to write a personal note.

I had a call today from some friends in Germany who will be coming to stay with us for 10 days in May. We are looking forward to their visit, but I've got lots to do before they get here! I may have to quit making cards for awhile and get my cleaning face on!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Hannelie said...

Beautiful card Cheryl! The shimmer behind that butterfly is the perfect touch!

designbydonna said...

This is a very pretty card. That butterfly die cut is stunning. I love the way you put the glitter on it. Pretty scalloped border inside too. Enjoy your friends visit.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is sure to cheer up any patient Cheryl! Such pretty colours and I'm a sucker for butterflies and you've even decorated the inside too! Lovely! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Mona Pendleton said...

Your card is so pretty Cheryl! Love that beautiful butterfly! I had to giggle at your post :) LOL

Glittered Paws said...

So pretty and love the glitter behind the beautiful butterfly in the corner. Love how you carried the design over to the inside.