Wish List

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Another birthday in 8,760 hours...


Today's card is one I made for my brother-in-law, whose big day was the 29th of August.

I cut out a pocket watch using an unbranded die set. It's actually cut out of shimmery gold cardstock, but it looks like kraft CS in the photos. In retrospect, I wish I had used some black or dark gray CS, because it would have stood out more.

I embossed my rounded rectangle with a Darice EF and then lightly inked the raised areas to give it some definition.

Finally, I used a couple of stitched banner dies for my sentiment, which was printed with my computer.










The two little square faux-brads are really self-adhesive embellishments, which I'm quickly running out of. Guess I'll need to keep my eyes open for some more of these. They're great for masculine cards.



The inside of my computer is pretty plain, with just a computer-generated sentiment. Men like "plain," right?

This post was written and scheduled a couple weeks ago, because right now I am gallivanting in Europe. Wherever I am, I will raise my glass to all of you, because I am so grateful that you continue to read my blog and encourage my crafty efforts!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Perfect masculine card. I love the sentiments. Hope you are enjoying your vacation. Safe travels!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fantastic birthday card Cheryl! Love the clock focal embellishment and the fun background! Perfect sentiment! Hope you have fun and be safe!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how perfect - and who did the math??? Perfect card for a man and I am sure he appreciated it. Have fun.

debby4000 said...

Brilliant mans Birthday card, what a great sentiment inside and out.
luv
Debby

Hannelie said...

Now this made me think!
Fabulous design :)