Wish List

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Pretty in pinks and blues....


I had so much fun making this card for a fabulous artist and crafter, who is also the owner of the Desert Diva blog. Hannelie has such an incredible eye for graphic detail and eye-catching color combinations. I've learned so much from her, but I'll never equal her crafty ability. She also offers such wonderful encouragement to other crafters and shares many digital sentiments that she creates. I hope you had a happy birthday, Hannelie!


To make this card, I first taped off a rectangle using Post-It notes. Then I got out some of my pink and blue ink pads (various ones, whatever I could find), and started inking and blending inside my rectangle.

Once that was done, I added my die-cuts with some spray adhesive. This die set is an unbranded set that I really like.

Once the die-cuts were attached, I used my stamp positioner to stamp "Birthday wishes," and then drew a line with a fine-tipped black pen around the perimeter. Because my line wasn't perfect, I went over it with a glitter pen. I really liked the affect, as it added just the tiniest bit of sparkle to my card.





On the inside of my card, I stamped a Woodware sentiment and then added just a portion of another die-cut for a little embellishment.

This is such a simple card, but I like how it turned out. I hope Hannelie liked it, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Beautiful card. The color blending is a great background to your white flowers. I love the black border. I can never get that straight.

Hannelie said...

Hi Cheryl!
Wow, this is so beautiful! I really hope I will get the chance to see it in real life! The postman is taking his time to get this (and some other cards I am waiting for) to me!
Thank you so much for your kind words ... I really appreciate it!
Hope you're doing well!
Hugs
Hannelie

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Cheryl! The background looks beautiful! Love the delicate flowers!

Lynne in NI said...

I'm sure your friend just loved this! Such a pretty background, and the little die cut on the inside was the perfect finishing touch :)

Glittered Paws said...

Love how this turned out and adding the frame with some sparkle around it is the perfect finishing touch. Love the background.