Wish List

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hydrangea Happy Birthday...

In my city we have a wonderful little store called "ArtScraps."  It is basically a second-hand craft store and sells all kinds of products for crafting.  I believe they get everything donated from individuals, organizations or businesses and resell it at much reduced prices.  I have purchased envelopes, cardstock and other papers, colored wires (great for butterfly antennae), ribbon, and quite a few wood-mounted rubber stamps.  Some of the stamps they sell have never been used and I have purchased them for as low as $.25!

The hydrangea stamp on this card is one of those stamps.  It isn't large but works perfectly for this quick-to-make birthday card.

I stamped the image on some heavy off-white card stock and colored it with ProMarkers.  I also stamped a couple of borders onto a subtley striped vellum, heat embossed with white embossing powder and cut them out, following the scalloped outlines.  I love that look and am now hoping to find some more lacy border stamps that I can stamp and cut out.  The doily and label dies were all from Lifestyle Crafts.  The little blue strip of CS was embossed with a Cuttlebug border folder. It added the perfect extra touch.  Three green flatbacked pearls finished it off!

Thanks for visiting.  Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

Patti J said...

Cheryl, that is SO pretty! Thanks for sharing...would LOVE to have a shop like that Sounds like a lot of fun :) Have a good night!

Dawnll said...

Congrats Cheryl on winning Patti G's candy...just stopping by and visit, decided to become a follower...hope you stop by and visit my blog~would love to have you.