Wish List

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Making a gift extra special...

A couple of weeks ago I purchased  this "Paper Fashions" book by Klutz at my local Jo-Ann's store, using one of their awesome 50% off coupons.  It contains stencils for many different articles of clothing, pretty papers and other embellishments to design all kinds of clothing and accessories.  I thought my granddaughter, who's birthday is this week and who loves to draw, do paper crafts, and is very fashion conscience, would love it.  I decided, however, that something was missing...



...a notebook where she can keep her designs and have fun looking back at them.  So on my next trip back to Jo-Ann's, I purchased a narrow sketch book and went to work dolling it up just a bit to be more in line with the main part of the gift. 

Here's the result:



The patterned paper used on the front of the pad and for the dress is from a Heidi Grace pad of double-sided papers.  The chocolate brown CS that was used for the girl's body (cut at 4 1/2" from the Forever Young cart ), the lettering (from the CTMH Art Philosophy cart) and the flower centers was scrap from my stash.  The flowers were also cut from some pale pink scraps using the Flower Shoppe cart.

I added some liquid pearls to the sash on the dress and it actually looks rather silky IRL.  I also ran a bead of Stickles along the hemline of the dress to coordinate with the sparkly border along the top of the pad.  I found a cute little bag in the Dollar Store with some pockets on the front.  The Klutz book and the "My Designs" pad fit nicely inside.  In the pockets of the bag, I put a small pair of scissors, a glue stick, a mechanical pencil, a cute container of candies (who doesn't want to snack while they're crafting?) and a couple of girly items (nail polish and lip gloss) to go along with the fashion theme.

Hope you enjoyed this project.  I've entered it in the "Flowers for Mom" challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot.  Why don't you come play along?

Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

1 comment:

Kerry said...

What a lovely gift for your granddaughter and you've decorated the notebook beautifully. Thank you for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.
Tip - When entering challenges, please link back to the challenge blog. This helps other bloggers join in too. Thanks Kerry x