Wish List

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

More of my sister's cards...

When I was 9 years old, the eye doctor said I needed glasses - badly!  I remember having to sit in the front row at school because I couldn't clearly see what the teacher was writing on the board. Well, I was excited to go to the eye doctor and get this very first "personal embellishment."  My mother helped me pick out a pair of red and white striped glasses - what was she thinking?  I certainly had no fashion sense at that age and thought they were fantastic.  Looking back at photos of myself at that age, I realize they really were not that attractive on me.

When my sister started making cards, she decided to send me a card to remind me of those glasses.  I don't recall exactly which cartridge she cut the glasses with (was it Nifty Fifties?) but this card really made me smile when I received it.  What are sisters for if they can't tease each other about their fashion failures?!






















The next card I'm sharing with you today is an Easter card I received from her.  Isn't it cute?  She told me that she had gotten a great deal on some Easter-themed brads and was using them for her cards this year.  I loved the patterned paper she chose and the little felt bird embellishement.
This was one of those photos that I took on a dark and gloomy day, so it's not great, but I think you can see all the elements of the card.

The decorative pink strip was made with a border punch and nicely showcased the Easter brad.

Great work, sis!

Hope you enjoyed these two cards from my sister.

Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

No comments: