Wish List

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Wedding card with metal tape embellishment...

I love using unusual products to make embellishments for my cards. One of my favorite things to use is metal tape that is usually used to seal ductwork in your home.  This tape is made of a heavy aluminum foil and is adhesive backed. One of the fun ways to use it is to stick a piece down onto cardstock and then emboss it in an embossing folder.


Here is a wedding card I created that includes a heart embellishment made with metal tape.  I used a small Cuttlebug embossing folder that had this heart as part of the overall embossing design. After embossing, I simple cut the heart out (the metal tape cuts easily with scissors), punched a small hole and added a tiny bow using 1/8" ribbon. I only wish I had more embossing folders with this type of image!

The sentiment label was cut and inked and adhered to the card front. I used an adhesive backed silver stud/button thingy at the top of the label to coordinate with the silver heart.




Here's a photo of the roll of metal tape and the completed card.  The white border on the right side of the card is a piece of subtly striped vellum that I stamped using a border stamp and Versamark ink. I heat embossed with white embossing powder and then cut it out on the scalloped side. The dark purple strip that serves as a transition between the DP and the scalloped border was punched with an EK Success punch. I then adhered some double-sided tape to the backside and added fine glitter to the tiny square holes on the front side.  The glitter stuck in the holes and added just the right amount of sparkle. It was then super easy to take off the tape backing and adhere this strip to the card.

This card was a lot of fun to make. I need to come up with some more uses for this fantastic tape before my husband realizes it is no longer residing in his tool storage area!  If you've got some other ideas, I hope you'll share them with me.

Thanks for stopping by and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!


2 comments:

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous!!!! Love the metal tape idea, may have to try it myslef, TFS!

Hank hendricks said...

how you come up with the metal tape idea...thanks you share it with us.Metal business cards