Wish List

Friday, July 13, 2012

Masculine card...

I think men actually like cards that are made using strong patterns and simple lines.  I thought this was just such a card. Sorry about the glare on the photo!
This was a Father's Day card for my husband.  The inside sentiment read, "You're wonderful in all three roles! Happy Father's Day."  I think this could be changed to suit other occasions--like a birthday, for example.  The inside sentiment could say, "Happy Birthday to my three favorite people--you!"

I cut the words from the Heritage cartridge at 1"(I think) and inked the edges.  Isn't this a wonderful old-fashioned font?  I adhered three pieces of fairly wide satin ribbon, notched on the ends, to the card.  The ribbon was a nice masculine color that matched the plaid pattern of the cardstock really well.

Then I adhered the words Father, Husband and Grandpa to the ribbon and added some gold faux brads. I clipped all four corners of the 4" X 8.5" card with my corner rounder and called it done.  It's a simple but effective card, and I think my husband really liked it!

That's it for me today.  Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

No comments: