Wish List

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pretty bird...

For this card I turned to my trusty CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge - I think it is my all-time favorite.  I wanted to find a bird image, one that was a little more realistic, but still a little different from the norm. This one from Art Philosophy was perfect!  It's simple, but elegant with the flourish cut into the wing. While the image did not have an eye, I added a tiny flat-backed pearl .  For some reason, I have a hard time using images without eyes.     
The border on either side was made with a Martha Stewart punch.  I also used a Lifestyle Crafts label die for the shape underneath the sentiment. The criss-cross of ribbon gives the bird something to "sit" on and adds a little interest.  A few coordinating pearls finishes the front of the card.  All the papers were leftovers that needed to be used up. I love when I am able to do that!
Here's a peek at the inside.  I always think that a border punch adds so much to the inside of the card. It's a small thing to do but makes all the difference in the world!              
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day! 
Cheryl




2 comments:

craftieodmae said...

very pretty, love the paper!

Anonymous said...

I love it, too! Michelle