Wish List

Monday, August 27, 2012

One Cool Cat...


 My daughter-in-law just got a new job as the principal of a middle school out in Oregon. We're so proud of her and we know she'll do a tremendous job. I wanted to make a card that was fun but that also let her know how supportive we are. Here's what I came up with.
The cat is cut from the Cindy Lou cartridge and I cut her out at 4 1/2 inches. The glasses are from the Nifty Fifties cartridge and I cut them at 1 1/4 inches. Don't they fit the cat's face perfectly? And I think they make this image look very scholarly, yet very stylish, too--like a school principal ought to look. Ha ha!
The pretty embossed paper for the card base was in a group of mixed papers that I picked up a while ago, so I'm not sure exactly what brand it is. I love it, though! I inked the edges of the cat's layers and simply used a marker for the pink inside her ears and her eyes and nose.  The flowers are from Petaloo and are called "Flower Doodles." They're great to have on hand when you need some small flowers in fun colors. I think I need to get some more of them in pinks and purples.
This is the sentiment on the inside of the card. Fun, right? I sure hope my DIL likes it.
As you can see in this photo, the cat is adhered to the front of the card with some pop dots for a little added dimension.  They are thicker than the ones under the banner so that she sticks out just a bit more and her feet can actually sit easily on the top of the banner. I also wrapped some baker's twine around the left end of the sentiment banner and tied it in a little bow for an added touch.
I hope you enjoyed my card today. Thanks for stopping by and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
 
 

No comments: