Wish List

Monday, September 3, 2012

Delicate, embossed lace...

I recently bought this set of stamps from Hot Off The Press (HOTP).  I was really drawn to the delicate lace images and was hoping they would be as lovely after they were stamped.



I wasn't disappointed! I tried the longest lace stamp first, stamping with Versamark and then embossing with white detail embossing powder.  Can  you see the wonderful detail of the lace that came through?  I carefully cut along the scalloped edge to make it look like the lace was attached at the very bottom of the card front.



Next I stamped the round doily and added a flower, cut from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge. I love this doily image, too. And I liked the way the pink in the flower contrasted with the rest of the card.  I inked the outer edges of the flower petals with some blue ink for a little added dimension and to coordinate it with the blue of the card base. Finally, I added a little pearl cluster to the flower center and used some white seem binding to tie a bow.  I cut a slit just above the bottom lace edge and in the folded crease at the top, slid the seam binding through these slits and tied the bow.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here are a couple more views of this card. I've left it blank inside and added no sentiment to the front. I think this card would work for many different occasions so I want to keep my options open.




I hope everyone is having a wonderful Labor Day weekend. I know I am!  Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
 

 

No comments: