Wish List

Friday, September 21, 2012

Halloween cards for kids...

 Halloween cards are one of my favorites to make - on par with children's birthday cards. There are so many ways to have fun with them. I'm a follower of Dawn Griffith at Dawn's Stamping Studio. She has so many fun ideas and lots of video tutorials. A couple of months ago, I watched her video for a Halloween pop-up slider card and made note of it because I wanted to give it a try.  Here's the result of my efforts:

 
I cut the little mouse at 3.5" using Happy Hauntings and added a "goo" border made with a Martha Steward punch.
When you pull on the ribbon at the top, the message on the card is exposed and a window opens up where you can add another message or image.  I chose to stamp a spider (enhanced with a glitter pen) and the word "Boo" with a googly eye for each o.  The "Frightful" sticker is one I had in my stash. 


Check out Dawn's tutorial. It's easy to follow and fun to make. I'm going to make some more of these cards for the grandkids with different characters on the front.



Thanks for stopping by. Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

No comments: