Wish List

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Halloween is for adults, too...

I love making kids' Halloween cards, but I needed to make one that could also be sent to an adult.  Here's my somewhat more "mature" creation:
The pumpkin/bat stamp was one in a set that my sister gave to me. She bought it at a store like TJ Maxx or Marshall's. I can't remember which. She said they were very inexpensive. Since then I've always checked in stores like that (also Tuesday Morning stores) for papercrafting products. I actually got the Marther Stewart "goo" border punch at TJ Maxx for about $4.00.  A great deal!





Sorry about the shadows and glare on these photos. I need that photography class sooooo badly! Both the pumpkin/bat image and the circle sentiment were stamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed with black embossing powder. The pumpkin image was matted with the rust-colored cardstock and adhered flat to the card so that I could then add the gooey border. Only the circle sentiment was popped up on dimensionals.
 
That stained glass piece you see in the photo on the left is actually a little lamp. I thought the colors and the design made it look very Halloween-y, so I didn't crop it out.
 
I stamped the inside with a simple sentiment, "Happy Halloween." Now, how easy and fun was that?
 
Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite Halloween card. It is so professional looking and so cool! PJ