Wish List

Friday, January 25, 2013

Sweet Betsy Bluebell says "feel better soon"...

I love Betsy Bluebell images by Penny Black, and I finally purchased one of these fun sets to play with. Here's one of my first cards:

I colored Betsy with ProMarkers and paper pieced her dress. The pockets and collar on her dress were colored red to match the dots in her dress.

I stamped the image a second time and fussy cut the flowers so I could fill out her bouquet a bit.
I think the extra flowers added lots of dimension and just made a prettier bouquet.  The butterflies' wings were colored in with a glitter pen to give them a bit of sparkle.  I also added some gold liquid pearls to the flower centers.


The image was cut out with a circle die and matted with another red circle. Both of these were centered on a doily that was cut from the same paper as Betsy's dress with a Lifestyle Crafts die.


I'm hoping you can see some of the dimension the extra flowers add to the image in the strangely angled photo on the left. I heat embossed the simple sentiment with some detail white embossing powder. The deep turquoise face of the card was embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder, but only down as far as the narrow red ribbon.
I kept the inside simple so that I would have room to write a personal get well message. Once again I used the same paper as I had used for Betsy's dress, decorating the corners with a Martha Stewart corner punch.
Thanks for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute, Cute I ordered some Pro Markers I will have to practice to get as nice as yours. Great stampa also. MW