Wish List

Monday, April 29, 2013

Happy Birthday sundae...

The weather was glorious in Minnesota this past weekend. I hope you had warmth and sunshine wherever you were, as well. We have been waiting a very long time to experience 70+ degrees again in this state, and we finally got a taste of it. It was delicious!

Today's card is another for my daughter's supply of birthday cards. The sundae image was cut from the Birthday Bash cartridge. I believe I cut it at 3.5 inches.
When the image is cut, the spoon ends up being the same color cardstock as the dish. To give the spoon it's silver appearance, I simply colored it with a silver metallic ProMarker. These markers have great coverage and a wonderful metallic sheen.

I added some diamond glaze to the cherry and then sprinkled it with red glitter. I like to add a little bling whenever I can. I also embossed the whipped cream with the D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug folder.

The entire image was popped up on foam tape for a little added dimension.















I kept the inside very simple, with just a red mat and a simple sentiment.



















While there's nothing spectacular about this card, I think it'll be a good one for my daughter to have on hand for 6-year-old Lucy to give to one of her friends.

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: