Wish List

Monday, June 10, 2013

Another fun birthday card...

This card is another one that I made for my daughter to have on hand for whenever her children are invited to birthday parties. I've had this monster image on my computer for a long, long time, so I'm not sure where it came from anymore. I've since learned to indicate the origin of the image in the file name. I may learn slowly--but I do eventually learn!
I think I had not colored this image when I first got it because I couldn't think what sentiment I would use with it. Well, when I started planning a few birthday card layouts for my daughter, I thought it might be fun to use it as a "scared monster" rather than a "scary monster."

You can see in this photo that I've added some stickles to the birthday hat and some Diamond Glaze to the eyes.

I love the "crackled" paper behind the image. It's from a stack by Fancy Pants Designs called "The Good Life." This 12" X 12" stack was on sale at Archiver's a while back for $3.99 or some crazy price like that, and I couldn't pass it up. So glad I bought it!

The image (head and tail) were colored with my ProMarkers and I printed the sentiment on my computer.

Here you can see how I've popped up just the top of each part of the image. The "holes" are adhered directly onto the patterned paper.

The sentiment is also popped up for a little dimension.
















The inside is simple, with the second part of the computer generated sentiment. I'm hoping my grandkids will have fun giving this card to one of their friends.










Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

That image is the cutest!

sweetscrappingma said...

Cute card....love it!