Wish List

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I love the Elegant Edges cartridge...

This is a thank you card that I made using the Elegant Edges cartridge. While this cartridge does not offer a card feature, I used an image under the "book" feature to create this card. I simply used two copies of the same image, flipped one of them and then welded them together on my Gypsy to make a 4.25" X 5.5" card. I used the same image in a smaller size to cut the patterned cardstock. The CS is some I had printed quite some time ago from a disc of paper designs.


The scalloped oval was cut with a Lifestyle Crafts die. After stamping the sentiment, I inked the edges with some blue ink. Then I threaded some crochet thread through the scallops and tied it in a tiny bow on one side.






I had some deep pink stitched ribbon in my stash. The stitching that ran through the center of the ribbon was the exact same color and thickness as my blue crochet thread, so I tied another little bow and adhered it to the ribbon. IRL, it looks like it is an extension of the stitched thread!







I saved the design for this card on my Gyspy so that I can cut it out again whenever I like. Love that!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

No comments: