Wish List

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

When we forget a birthday...

I decided I needed to have a couple of cards on hand for those inevitable times when a birthday comes and goes before I remember to send a card. This is a card for just such an occasion. I used the Martha Stewart Pop Up Cosmos punch (now retired) to create a focal point for this card.


I punched three flowers evenly on an off-white strip of paper. Then I slipped a piece of scrap paper underneath the pop-up petals so I  could sponge them with some pretty pink ink. I also glued a small circle of brown cardstock behind each flower center, which is why the flower centers have those dark spots.

I also used my Fiskars scallop border punch and a small Lifestyle Crafts scalloped rectangle to finish off the front.

The sentiment was computer generated.










I think that letting someone know how young they look is a positive way to offer belated birthday wishes, don't you?

I have made another belated birthday card that I'll share in another post. That one I actually had to use!













Thanks so much for stopping by. Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous card.
luv
Debby