Wish List

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Why, yes...I drive a stick.


I've seen this sentiment in several places around the Web, and it makes me laugh every time! I just had to make a Halloween card with it.

The witch and the bats were cut from the Happy Hauntings cartridge. I embossed the straw end of the broom with a woodgrain embossing folder and then inked it up with Walnut Distress Ink. Did you notice that I added a sparkly band to the witch's hat with a glitter pen?

The moon is actually a circle cut into the gray swirly paper so that the pale yellow mat beneath shows through. The sentiment was punched out on a label maker. Then I just flagged the ends to make a little banner.



The inside is pretty simple. Just a stamped sentiment and a couple of stamped bats.

The "photo corners" were made by using a small die to cut out 2 scalloped squares with my Cuttlebug. Then, I cut them in half and notched the centers. Voila! You then have four photo corners.





I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

P.S. Oh yes, I DO know how to drive a stick!

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

That is so cute. Great take on the sentiment

Rossella said...

Great card, thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week
Rosie x

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! Love that sentiment!! Too cute!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Pat N. said...

Great card, love that witch. Thanks for joining the DCD challenge this week!