Wish List

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sweet little Christmas birds from Sliekje...

Today I have a card with an image from Sliekje's Digi Stamps called "Little Birds." It's so sweet and was quick to color with my ProMarkers, so I decided to use it for a few of my Christmas cards.
Don't you love these chubby little birds? The nice part about this image is that it took only a few colors to bring it to life. I don't have a full set of ProMarkers--only the basic colors--so I don't have a lot of options for shading or doing complicated images. This one was perfect for me, though, and I had a lot of fun coloring it. I find it relaxing to sit in front of the TV in the evening and color a few images that I have printed out or stamped.

Here's a look at the cards I made with this image:
Once the images were colored, these cards were very quick to make. Good thing, too, since I've been racing toward my magic number of 80! I always make at least 80 Christmas cards, and I seem to be slower than usual this year at getting them done.

I kept the insides simple to keep my card-making process moving along. Here's an example of the inside of the card on the left in the above photo. The others were very similar.
I'm entering these cards in the following challenge:
 
Thanks for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


5 comments:

Ella's Design said...

These are adorable, Cheryl! Love that sweet birdie image, coloured beautifully and your CAS designs! Thanks for joining in with our mega Christmas challenge at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

debby4000 said...

Oh your cards are so adorable
luv
Debby

Mona Pendleton said...

Such cute cards Cheryl! Love the way you colored the darling little blue birds!

Lotta said...

Oh those are cute cards! Thank you for joining our mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs Lotta

Andie's Space said...

Hi Cheryl,
Oh these are sooo sweet. What a wonderful pair of little cuties. I love them. Thanks for joining our Mega Christmas Challenge at Passion For Promarkers.
Hugs,
Andie xx