Wish List

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

For the birds...

I received a great Martha Stewart border punch from one of my daughters for Christmas.
It will punch a line of birds along the edge of a piece of paper, creating an interesting border. But....if you take a scissors and hand cut the remaining tiny bits of their tails away from the rest of the paper, you can have this...

I love these "birds on a wire." I'm sure I'll use it as a border punch, too, but I'm also fairly certain that I'll use it more often like this.



A couple of Spellbinders label dies were used to create a space for my sentiment. The stamp is an older one--not sure of the make. I bought it used at my local ArtScraps store.








Next I want to try punching out a line of birds from different colors of cardstock, cutting off one or more single birds from each color and adhering them to make a colorful lineup of birds. I'm thinking I could also adhere just one of a different color for a "You're one of a kind" card. I'm sure there are lots of other ideas for this punch, and I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


1 comment:

Sherry Eckblad said...

That is a fabulous punch and one I have not seen before.
Thanks for always commenting on my blog. I always hit reply but your email is not associated with your name when you leave comments.