Wish List

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Easy Valentine treats for the kids...


I bought some Hershey's Kisses with caramel and some Rolo candies to make some special Valentine treats for my grandchildren













Here's what I turned them into:

These were really fun and fairly quick to make. After adhering a Hershey's kiss to the top of the Rolos, I cut some cardstock to fit around each roll, using my pinking shears on one end. I scored the cardstock at 1/2" intervals to make it look like the sides of a pencil, wrapped it around the Rolos and adhered (I had cut it so it overlapped about 1/4").

The erasers were made by first cutting a circle that was approximately 1/4" larger in diameter than the end of the Rolos. I snipped about 1/8" in at 1/8" intervals all the way around the edge of the circle. This created little tabs which I bent down over the end of the Rolos and adhered with 1/8" sticky tape. I covered these little tabs with a little strip of pink cardstock and then added another strip of self-adhesive metal duct tape.


As a final touch, I added these little tags which I had cut out with a Cuttlebug die.
As a treat for my adult kids, I made these:





















This little boxes hold 4 Ghirardelli squares perfectly.

I only added some quick hearts to the front, which helped to hold the box closed, and a tag to the top of each box. Simple!




Here you can see how the box closes. It was made from one piece of cardstock and is super easy to put together. There is a great tutorial here on the Splitcoaststampers site.

Obviously, you can do a lot more decorating of this little box, but I decided to keep it quick and easy. I'm thinking these little candy treats will disappear quickly, anyway. Who doesn't love Ghirardelli chocolate?






Are you doing something special with your significant other on Valentine's Day? We don't have anything planned....yet. Maybe I'll try to make a special dinner since all the restaurants get so crowded, especially when this day falls on a weekend.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

I love those "pencils". Very clever idea. Don't know what is planned for Valentine's Day but right now my house smells scrumptious. My hubbie is making strawberry shortcake.

Patti J said...

I'm pretty sure that big kids and small will enjoy their treats! These are wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us :-) love them!!!

Anonymous said...

Those pencils are great !
And the little heart - boxes too !
I`ll try to copy them the next days.
When do you create all those wonderfull cards, boxes , .... - at night ?? .
N.M.

Anonymous said...

Dear Cheryl -
could you send me the instruction /messure for the little Boxes ? I have a score pal baord and an envelop board - I will need them ??
N.M.