Wish List

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

More Valentines for my grandchildren...

I created this Valentine for one of my grandsons using the Dude! cartridge (for the motorcyclist) and the Elegant Edges cartridge for the white mat with its heart cutouts. The motorcycle image is a little fiddly to put together, but I know my grandson will like it. They're all getting to that age when they like the "tough-guy" images.



I added one glittery heart on the inside above the computer-generated sentiment. I think boys need a little glitter, too!













This is one of the Valentines I made for my granddaughters. The perfume atomizer is from the Forever Young cartridge and the purse and nail polish are from Mickey and Friends. I created my own layers for the purse, as it was a single-layer image, and added a couple of flat-backed pearls as the clasp. The atomizer and nail polish are popped up on foam squares, and my sentiment is computer-generated.

You wouldn't think that a Disney cartridge would be the place to find the purse and nail polish images, but when I looked for those items on mycutsearch.com, I found exactly what I wanted on this one, which I happened to have in my collection.

If you've never used mycutsearch.com to find the image you want, I'd suggest giving it a try. It's a great help and so much quicker than paging through your manuals. It's not perfect, because some images may not be linked to the keyword you're using. I usually try different keywords if I'm not finding what I'm looking for. It's still a great help, and I use it often.




The inside for this one is simple again - the mat from Elegant Edges, a sentiment from my computer and one glittery hearty sticker for bling.











Thanks so much for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: