Wish List

Monday, April 14, 2014

Easter cards with pretty scallops...

Here are a couple of Easter cards that both have scallops as part of their design.
 This card is super simple in its design. The little bunch of flowers is a sticker and is adhered to an oval that has been cut and matted with Spellbinders dies. I couldn't resist using this cute dimensional sticker when I saw how perfectly it matched the patterned paper. I used my Fiskars scalloped border punch to add the scallops to the bottom of the  card base.


The little bouquet originally had a pink gem where you see the tiny bow. I decided that I wanted to bring out the small amount of lavendar in the paper, so I carefully removed the gem and replaced it with the bow.












The inside of the card is simple, as well. I used a little strip of the patterned paper to add some scallops at the bottom of the sentiment.










This card is a great way to use up some scraps of DSP. All three of these papers come from the same paper pad, so I knew they would coordinate perfectly. The only "putsy" part of this card was to make sure I had three pieces that covered the face of the card and were equal in width.



Another simple sentiment on the inside, decorated only with a scalloped strip  from one of the papers on the card front.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: